It was time to update another oldie from the portfolio: my drone shooting FPS prototype.
My Match 3 game prototype (which has open-sourced code, see link below) went through a bunch of update iterations. While making it harder, better, faster, st...
Today I have released the first major Corpse Mob update (version 1.1) on Steam.
Despite trying to avoid it, my code has fallen victim to the fearsome GameManager class. Here’s how I managed to fix it (or make it better at least).
I have decided to explore the possibilities of the Unity post processing stack and experiment a bit.
I haven’t posted to this blog for quite a while, here’s some update.
I created a new class for particle management, and two others for switching gamepieces and finding possible moves. The code went through some refactoring rou...
Some issues had to be fixed, new GUI functionality was added to the game along with move hints, move and time limits and particle effects.
A color bomb piece has been added to the game as well as score calculation and GUI elements.
I have added bomb spawning logic to the code and also created some test solutions (using an automatic tester class and Unity Test Tools).
New elements have been added to the game: bomb pieces and indestructible obstacle tiles.
In the last two weeks I have started another project - the implementation of a 2D match 3 game similar to Bejeweled or Candy Crush Saga.
By introducing a messaging system into the code I have eliminated some of the ugly coupling problems and component references. I also created a scene with so...
FPS based on Unity’s FPS Controller Part 8 - Mob prototype, enemy FOV, player health, game over screen
The time has come to create some basic enemies for the FPS prototype. The implementation includes basic AI behaviour, field of view and mobs being able to ki...
Another essential feature for FPS controls is the possibility of vertical movement - climbing ladders for example. This was my next milestone along with add...
My next goal was the implementation of ledge climbing to make movement around the level more fluid. I made some fixes to previous code and created a tag mana...
I made a test level for further movement tweaking, fixed a crouching bug and added code for Xbox controller support.
Different weapons are now available through inheritance, switching between guns is also possible.
The latest changes to the FPS controller include bullet spread over time, more efficient fire rate calculation and new code for damaging targets.
I continued the implementation of the FPS controller with some fixes to crouch mechanics.
I decided to create a first person shooter prototype, a “base” which I can use in further experiments.